CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

CHRISTMAS BAKING DEALS

So, I didn't get a picture of my deals today before I put it away, so a list will have to suffice this time.  Smith's has some good deals going on for all the baking stuff needed for the holidays, so I took the opportunity to stock up on a bunch of things. I spent $78.96 and saved $60.51 with coupons and special savings.  I also earned a TON of bonus points with my rewards card...

Here's what I bought and what I paid:
  • 12 Hershey's baking chips (and they had all the yummy kinds like Heath toffee chips and mint chips)(1.34)
  • 4 2-lb. brown sugar (.99)
  • 4 2-lb. powdered sugar (.99)
  • 4 Kraft marshmallow creme (.99) (I just found a really yummy recipe for honey butter that calls for this and the kids loved it, so I stocked up)
  • 6 5-lb. flour (1.25)
  • 5 Tony's Pizzas (.48)
  • 10 Hot Pockets/Lean Pockets (1.39)
  • 10-lb. bag of potatoes (1.99)
  • 1-lb. bag mini carrots (1.00) (the token healthy food from this shopping trip)
  • 2 4-packs of food coloring (1.00)
  • A WHOLE BUNCH of spices/seasonings/extracts (including 4 of the big ones I usually buy at Costco) all for under $2 each--a STELLAR deal!
  • A loaf of french bread (not a great deal but needed it for dinner)
  • A gallon of milk (FREE)
I wish I'd gotten a picture before I put it all away...it really was quite an impressive pile of goods! After the last couple of shopping trips I have enough chocolate chips (of every flavor) to last me well over a year, which is a good thing because they don't usually go on sale until the holidays roll around.   Now it's time to get going on the Christmas goodies...

0 comments:

Post a Comment