CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 26, 2012

My Grocery Deals


It's been a long time since I took pictures of groceries, but since I just taught a coupon class and am really trying to get back into the coupons like I used to (sadly, I have been slacking the last couple months and my coupons were in a huge mess until just one week ago) I decided I needed to remind myself just how great this is.  Hopefully someone will see my list and picture and it will motivate them to try it.  Smith's had the sale I've been waiting for, so this was a great place to start. I definitely walked out of there with my coupon "high".

Here's a list of what I got and what I paid after sale price and coupons:

  • 14 boxes of Kleenex (between .20 and .56 a box depending on the coupon and after the $2 catalinas printed)
  • 8 bottles of shaving gel (.94)
  • All laundry detergent (2.49)
  • 33 cans Hunts tomato sauce (.34-.54 per can depending on the coupon)
  • 4 cans Hunts tomato paste (.16 per can--and these were the big cans)
  • 14 cans Hormel Chili (.17 per can)
  • 4 French's Honey Mustard dipping sauces (.75)
  • 4 bottles of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce (no coupons but still a great price--1.99)
  • 4 40 oz. bottles Heinz ketchup (again, no coupons but still a great price--1.79)
  • 2 each Cocoa Pebbles/Fruity Pebbles (1.44 for family size box)
  • 4 Grape Nuts Flakes (.99)
  • 6 Uncle Ben's Long Grain & wild rice (.67)
  • 6 Uncle Ben's Ready Rice (.38)
  • 8 Kraft Singles (1.71)
  • 3 DiGiorno pizzas (3.49)
  • 2 Kraft Deluxe Mac & cheese (1.49)
  • 2 Miracle Whip (no coupons and not a great price but I am out--2.79)
  • 12 boxes Ritz Crackers (1.32)
  • 2 boxes of Cheez-its (1.99--not a great price but Colby pulled a sad face when I told him no so I caved)
  • 9 Balance Bars (.16)
  • 4 Kroger syrup (1.49--no coupons but I am out again and love this syrup)
  • 2 bags Garden of Eatin chips (1.09--never had them before but I'm giving them a try)
All said and done, I spent $125 , I still have $2  in the form of a Catalina to spend the next time I go to Smith's, and I rolled out of there with TWO SHOPPING CARTS.  It was an awesome sale!  Unfortunately I didn't have any more coupons for hunt's tomato sauce, so I'm going to have to do some scrounging around and go back.  There were other things I wanted to get but my cart was heaped and stuff was falling out so I decided to call it a day. 

By the way, did I mention that I received rewards points based on the regular prices?  I'm up to 450 points already this quarter.  Another 50 points and it's off to the gas station we will go with both cars to save another $17.50 on gas.

For anyone contemplating using coupons, I don't know why you're waiting...

0 comments:

Post a Comment