CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 28, 2009

FROSTED CRAN-RASPBERRY SALAD

Jello salad of some kind is a staple of our Thanksgiving dinner...and this year I realized I was truly tired of the same ol' orange jello that we usually have and went looking for a new recipe to try.  I also only wanted to use stuff I already had--no special trips to the store for me! (that's part of my new food storage deal--try to do with what I have on hand!) Unfortunately, I didn't have anything to make any of the recipes I had, so I had to come up with something new...and it turned out FABULOUS!



FROSTED CRAN-RASPBERRY SALAD
1 lrg. box raspberry jello
1 10-oz package frozen raspberries, drained (reserve juice)
2 cups jellied cranberry sauce (about a can and a half)
1 12-oz. can ginger ale

Measure juice from raspberries and add enough water to equal one cup.  Bring liquid to a boil and dissolve jello in it.  Allow to cool, then beat in cranberry sauce until mixed well.  Stir in ginger ale and raspberries and pour into a 9x13 pan. ( The jello will be a little bubbly and foamy on top) Refrigerate until set.


TOPPING
1 8-oz. cream cheese
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 8-oz. whipped topping


Beat cream cheese until smooth, then add sour cream and powdered sugar and mix thoroughly.  Fold in whipped topping and spread evenly over salad.  Refrigerate to allow topping to set up slightly.

  

0 comments:

Post a Comment