CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Teresa's Most Awesome Jam of All Time

I love, love, love homemade jam!  Nothing you can buy can even come close to what you can make with fresh berries and other yummy ingredients (like sugar).  Having said that, I can now also say that my friend Teresa introduced me to the absolute best, most wonderful homemade jam of all time and I love it above all others.  I could just open a jar and eat it with a spoon--it really is THAT good.  So when I make it, I usually have to make at least three batches because my family loves it too and we go through it like crazy.  It's also really easy...so if you're a fan of homemade jam, this is a must!

PEACH RASPBERRY JAM
8 cups peaches, pureed (about 10 good sized peaches)
8 cups sugar
1 10-oz package frozen raspberries
2 large packages raspberry Jell-o

Mix together (in a VERY large pan) pureed peaches, sugar and raspberries.  Bring to a boil and boil for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Add Jell-O and continue to cook and stir until it dissolves completely (just a couple of minutes).  Pour into hot jelly jars (I usually run them through the dishwasher with the heat dry on, then pull them out and fill them).  Heat lids and rings in a pan on the stove (not quite boiling but hot) and then transfer to jars.  Seal in a water bath for 10 minutes.

NOTE:  Even though the recipe says to use a water bath, I don't.  The jam is boiling and jars are hot, so I screw the lids on finger tight and turn them upside down on a towel until they cool.  I have never had one not seal.  The food safety people and extension service people would probably frown and shake their finger at me, but oh well.  If you're worried go ahead and process them--not a big deal.

Now go ahead and load a whole gallon of it onto some yummy homemade rolls and you've got yourself a little piece of heaven!

  

0 comments:

Post a Comment