CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I {heart} bread

I have been on a MAJOR bread kick these last couple of weeks.... I just love bread!  I am completely convinced that if there is a hell, it will be just like heaven only there won't be any bread...or pastries.  I've been making so much bread, in fact, that one of my kids actually said "you need to slow down on the bread"...and then he proceeded to stuff his face with it.

Alas, my favorite bread that I have made is not my own recipe, but I really felt I had to share because it just wouldn't be right to keep it to myself.  I found it on one of my favorite blogs, Deals to Meals  and I even swiped her picture because mine just didn't look this good.  The bread is actually called Cinnamon Swirl Bread, and this picture is of the TO DIE FOR french toast that can be made with it (which I also did).  Scrumptious....there's nothing else to be said.

But don't feel like you HAVE to make the french toast...because the bread is good all by itself.  I'm just saying that you'll probably want to... you might even just want to call it dessert instead of breakfast.

 
So give it a go!  You'll be glad you did.  Here's the link:

Cinnamon Swirl Bread

And of course, you will need this recipe also...partly because it goes inside the bread, and partly because it's just plain yummy.  If you've ever had Texas Roadhouse's cinnamon butter, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Cinnamon Butter   

One interesting side note about the bread recipe... I baked it for the time stated in the recipe and it was not even CLOSE to done... Unfortunately I didn't realize this until I had pulled it out of the oven and sliced it open and saw raw dough in the middle.  All bread should basically sound hollow when you thump on it...so I would try that before assuming that it's done.  Next time (translated: tomorrow) I will probably bake it for at least 45 minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment