CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 1, 2010

One More Time...

I didn't break my promise.... I stayed out of the store for the rest of last week.  But since today is a brand new week, obviously all bets are off.  I am planning on this being my one and only trip to the grocery store this week (although I'm not making any promises...) but I really had to take advantage of Smith's great sale one last time. I didn't realize last week that the Hunt's tomato sauce was included in the sale, and I am a Hunt's tomato sauce snob--no other brand will do...so I really needed it.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Other than that,  I didn't get a lot, but I sure got a lot for the small amount of money I spent:
  • 3 boxes of Raisin Bran (one FREE, the others were 1.49)
  • 6 cans Hormel chilimaster (.29)
  • 30 cans Hunts Tomato sauce (.16 for 6 cans, .49 for the rest)
  • 2 bottles Frank's Red Hot Sauce (.69)
  • 20 (more) bottles La Victoria salsa (FREE + .50 per bottle)
  • 9 Sobe Lifewater (FREE...plus they got the 2 new flavors in...could I actually skip that?)
  • 2 Philadelphia cream cheese (.49)
  • 4 packages Keebler cookies (.19)
  • 4 quarts Dreyer's ice cream--not pictured (1.49)
  • 1 gallon chocolate milk (2.00)
After all my really good coupons and a catalina I had left over from last week, I only paid $17.94 for ALL of that and I SAVED $157.91 (I compare what I paid to what I would have spent on the same things if I was shopping at Walmart for everything with no coupons or sales the way I used to.).  Now THAT'S what I call a bargain.  Now, hopefully, no other stores will have a can't-miss sale this week and I can call it a day on the grocery shopping for the week. Tomorrow it's time to actually put together a menu and make plans to cook all this food.

1 comments:

Kim McCann

Ok, Wendy. You need an intervention. Either that or you have to start sharing. You choose. :) So, I must have missed some of the coupons during my "recovery" when I wasn't in charge of such things. How were salsa & Sobe's so cheap? I thought I was a good "couponer" but you put me to shame. :)

Post a Comment