CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 14, 2010

A New Year, A New Grocery Budget

With the new year, I am going to try and cut my weekly grocery budget just a smidge again and try to bring it down to $75 a week.  I have an awful lot of food storage and it's time to make decisions about what I "need" vs. what I "can get" with my coupon deals.  (Right now I have 8 big bottles of mustard...it will probably last me three years...just one of the many things I don't need no matter how cheap it is.)  With that decided, I did my shopping today at Walmart.

Here's what I got and what I paid:
  • 3 boxes Chocolate Cheerios (1.16)
  • 6 bags Yoplait Smoothies (.25--I was going to price match these to $2 but the shelf said they were 1.50, then they rang up at 2.50 but they honored the shelf price :)
  • 4 Crescent Rolls (.50)
  • 8 Grands! biscuits (.50)
  • 8 boxes Hot Pockets (1.24)
  • 3 dozen eggs (.88)
  • 12 boxes Hamburger Helper (.55)
  • 5 boxes Quaker Instant Oatmeal (1.00)
  • 4 Softsoap (.65)
  • 3 packs Ivory soap (.07)
  • 4 packages Don Julio Tortillas (.88)
  • 2 gallons milk (1.66)
  • 1 half gallon Chocolate milk (FREE--get a coupon here when you enter the contest to win free milk for a year)
Altogether I spent $50.22 and I saved $73.50 by price matching and using coupons.  Yay!

1 comments:

Kim McCann

Wendy, you are my grocery shopping hero. That is truly fabulous!!

Post a Comment