CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A Curiously Delicious Recipe

One of my favorite places to go looking for new recipes are the websites of manufacturers.  Surely they aren't going to post recipes that make their food taste yucky, right?  (Actually I'm sure there are plenty of them that aren't very good but I've had very good luck so far.)  So I saw a picture in a piece of junk mail that looked pretty tasty and I went looking for the recipe.  It had some curious ingredients but I decided to give it a try anyway and it was REALLY good and REALLY easy.  I made a few adjustments to suit our tastes, and it's a keeper.  Everyone in the family loved it and I couldn't even get any pictures since they inhaled it all so fast. 

PICADILLOS

1 lb. hamburger
1 box Hamburger Helper Cheesy Enchilada
2 cups water
1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 16 oz. jar of salsa
3 Tbsp. milk
flour tortillas for burritos
shredded cheese

Brown meat and drain.  Stir in rice and seasoning mix, water, vinegar, cinnamon and salsa.  Heat to boiling.  Reduce to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes or until rice is tender.  Meanwhile, mix milk and topping mix until blended.  Warm tortillas. Spoon approximately 3/4 cup meat/rice mixture into warm tortillas.  Add cheese and roll.  Drizzle with topping if desired  (I put a small drizzle of topping inside before rolling them, which is easier if you want to eat them like a burrito).

Considering I got my Hamburger Helper for 30 cents a box, and my tortillas and salsa for FREE, this meal only cost me about $3 to feed the whole family.  Quite a bargain!  
  

0 comments:

Post a Comment