CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I Love Grocery Shopping...is that so wrong?

So, after being away from the computer for the weekend, I am late posting my grocery deals from last week but I decided if I want to keep up I better get it on here before I go shopping again...There were awesome deals to be had and I couldn't miss out...so off I went to Walmart to price match.  Here's what I got and what I paid:
  • 34 Yoplait Yogurts (.21)
  • 4 Ronzoni Smart Taste Pasta (FREE)
  • 1 Uncle Ben's Rice (1.08)
  • 2 Apple Jacks (.75)
  • 2 Frosted Flakes (.75)
  • 6 loaves Grandma Sycamore bread (1.18)
  • 4 Ore Ida hash browns (FREE)
  • 2 Ore Ida french fries (.48)
  • 2 lb. mini carrots (2.00)
  • 5 Yoplait Smoothies (.50)
  • 7 boxes of Pop Tarts (.98)
  • 2 2-lb. blocks Tillamook cheese (3.98)
  • 2 Honeycombs (1.50)
  • 2 bottles of applesauce (1.46)
  • 4 Raisin Bran Crunch (1.24)
  • fuji apples (.79/lb)
  • 10 lb. bag of potatoes (.99)
  • bananas (.38/lb)
I got some other odds and ends that I needed that weren't really deals, but necessary.  As I left the store with a cart COMPLETELY loaded to the top with stuff I was reminded of the days of shopping at Walmart before coupons...when that whole cartload would easily top $200...and the saddest part is that I wasn't done shopping (I would also hit Harmons and Costco) and by the end of the month there would be absolutely NOTHING left over. I absolutely HATED grocery shopping in those days.   And I cringe when I think about how much money I wasted for all those years. Now I love grocery shopping and getting these good deals is very addicting.  And not only am I getting great deals, I have really put together a nice food storage for us.  This trip cost me $62.64 and I saved $104.73 over regular prices.  FUN!

1 comments:

Kim McCann

Ok, I am going shopping with you next time. I want to see you in action! I feel like a pretty good coupon shopper, but you always blow me away with deals I didn't know about. What's the secret? Seriously...Grandma Sycamore's for $1.18? How'd I miss that one?

Post a Comment