CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 20, 2010

A St. Patrick's Day Treat

This is actually a main dish, but I call it a treat because I don't cook it very often. (I actually don't cook it often for a couple of reasons... 1.  We all LOVE it so I have to make a lot and that requires a TON of chicken.  2.  I can't stand cutting up raw chicken.  3. Once something is fried in oil, your house smells like oil for days. 4. Things fried in oil just aren't that good for you...although that really never stops me.)
This is great for St. Patrick's Day, because if you serve them in little black cauldrons, they look like little pots of gold.  I first tasted these when I was little and my aunt used to make them... I have ALWAYS loved them!  They are actually very simple but super delicious...and the leftovers heat up well in the oven (I think...unfortunately I don't ever have any leftovers.)  
As proof of how delicious these are...when I went to take the "finished" picture, everyone had already swiped them and all I had left was a measly pile.  I think I heard oinking coming from the table as everyone hogged them down. I usually double this recipe (except the oil).

GOLDEN NUGGETS
3 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1" pieces
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup water
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons sesame seeds
1 cup flour
1 quart oil for frying

Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and place them in a shallow container.  Let the chicken sit, and then drain off any liquid if necessary.
Mix eggs, water, salt, sesame seeds and flour (the sesame seeds makes them crispy--don't leave them out!).  Pour this mixture over the chicken and mix well. Heat oil in an electric skillet to 375F (or medium high).  
Make sure it's hot enough before adding chicken.  Carefully add chicken one layer at a time-- not too much chicken at once or they will all cook together.  Fry, turning often, for approximately 5 minutes or until golden brown.  Drain on paper towels.


Serve with your favorite dipping sauce (we like honey, bbq sauce, honey mustard, or hot mustard...yummy!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment